In-House Facilities to Make Your Gathering Special
“…the cookies <were> a big hit with everyone” Mrs. Marie Whitlow
Krause Funeral Homes was one of the first in Milwaukee to build reception facilities designed to make gatherings immediate, comfortable and stress-free. This is especially welcomed by elderly or grief-stricken drivers, or guests who prefer to avoid dealing with complicated directions or inclement weather. Unlike at a restaurant, yours will be the only family being personally served. We offer private rooms with sound systems and big-screen TVs in two of our funeral homes.
If you prefer, we can cater at your home or another facility. With a full selection of menus for catering everything from a wine and cheese sampling to a multi-course, seated meal, we are dedicated to helping make your gathering special. We cater funeral and non-funeral events and can deliver food directly to any location most convenient for you.
Other Location Ideas
- House of Worship—either in a main sanctuary or a more casual room
- Funeral home chapel
- Cemetery chapel
- Home of a family member or friend
- Unique location (War Memorial for a dedicated Veteran, a special park pavilion meaningful to the family, the school gym for a long time teacher, clubhouse for an avid golfer, the restaurant overlooking Miller Park for an avid baseball fan, etc.)
- Will the size of the facility accommodate the group?
- Will there be ample, accessible parking?
- Are there stairs that may be difficult for older attendees to navigate?
- Are restrooms easily accessible and on the same floor?
- Is there an area for children?
- Will privacy be an issue as many churches and public facilities cannot close down common areas?
- Are the chairs and tables comfortable?
- Do they allow food, beverage, alcohol, candles, etc.?
- Are music and video capabilities available? Is non-religious music allowed?
- Is the setting comfortable for people?