Virtual Arrangement Checklist: What You Need to Know
Even though so many parts of life have turned upside-down over the last year, the wants and needs of families who have lost loved ones haven’t changed. In fact, it’s become even more apparent to our staff here at Krause Funeral Homes & Cremation Services just how important it is to plan and attend a funeral – either in person or online – as this is an essential step on the road to healing after a death.
Here’s something else to consider: More Milwaukeeans are discovering the peace of mind that comes with putting their own end-of-life preferences into writing. According to a 2018 survey by the National Funeral Directors Association, just 26 percent of Americans have talked with a loved one about their funeral – yet most people have opinions on the matter.
Imagine if someone asked you what you would – and would not – want included at your tribute. It’s likely you would have ideas about readings and music, a reception, the location of your final resting place, and more.
When you preplan with Krause Funeral Homes, you can have confidence your preferences are expressed and that your family won’t have to eventually make these decisions on your behalf. Not only does this give you control it also takes responsibility off of them. A win-win!
And we have more good news to share. Our professional staff can now meet with you either in person at our funeral homes in Milwaukee, New Berlin, and Brookfield, or online to plan a loved one’s funeral and/or to put your own wishes in writing.
We understand that some people have concerns about meeting in person. Others want to have a hand in the planning but aren’t able to travel or make it to the arrangement meeting on time. For these reasons and more, we are proud to offer a virtual planning option.
This way, we can sit down with a family and speak with each other through live video conferencing. Thanks to this amazing technology, we are now able to meet “face to face” with the homebound, families who are spread all over the country, and those who aren’t yet ready to sit down with us in person.
Here’s a rundown of what you need to know when it comes to making arrangements virtually:
- Contact us to schedule a free virtual preplanning consultation with one of our certified preneed counselors. After deciding on a meeting time, we will send you a link and all you have to do is click on it for a face-to-face conversation.
- Take a look at our online planning checklist. This is a terrific resource so you can know exactly what information you need to be prepared for the call. Keep in mind there are 100 detailed decisions that need to be addressed. It can be helpful to handle some of these matters in advance. Our checklist marks certain items with an asterisk if they can be taken care of before the time of death. We make every effort to help make the process as smooth as possible.
- When you attend the consultation, you can use any device, including computers, tablets, and smartphones.
- Anyone can join in on the meeting online, whether they’re in the room with you or across the country.
- Whether you’d like to make arrangements for yourself or a loved one, our experienced staff will guide you through all of the options for funerals, cremations, burials, receptions, and more. We will then keep a detailed list of all your plans on file at no cost.
We want you and your family to know that we are here to support you any way we can. Many Milwaukeeans have utilized this virtual option and have told us how grateful they are this it’s possible, both now and in the future.
For us, it’s all about helping our friends and neighbors like you. When life throws a curveball, you can trust that we will find a way to meet your needs – no matter what it takes. We’re always available to help. Contact us anytime.