Find Healing Through Funeral Personalization
When a loved one dies, many families say it’s as if life has turned upside down. It feels surreal that someone who was here just yesterday is gone today. The question that comes next is, how will life move on without that person in it?
At Krause Funeral Homes, we work with people throughout Milwaukee, Brookfield, and New Berlin who are struggling with grief and pain following the loss of a friend or family member. Our caring staff knows this pain firsthand and understands how challenging it is on many levels.
One element we’ve found most helpful in the healing process is having a meaningful funeral service. Psychologists and grief counselors agree that a funeral not only brings home the reality and finality of death, but also gives those left behind an opportunity to gather, share memories, and support one another.
Can funerals be emotionally difficult? Yes. Does a funeral help family and friends begin to move through their grief in a healthy way? Definitely.
Beyond the service itself, our staff has noticed that incorporating a loved one’s unique interests, passions, and accolades into the service brings a special measure of healing.
When you come to any of our four locations, we will help you weave unique touches and signature services throughout the service. Keep in mind these personalization options don’t have to be overwhelming or feel forced. We will be there to help you identify the options that work best for your family and tell the story of your loved one’s life.
Consider these ideas:
- Display photographs, memorabilia, or service or military awards that reflect a life well lived. Maybe your dad was the world’s biggest Brewers fan with the baseball card collection to prove it. Featuring that along with his well-worn sports gear would be a great way to showcase his passion. Perhaps your aunt had a huge garden bounty every year, plus beloved recipes she would make and share. Adding related decorations or flowers to reflect her green thumb would remind everyone of her talents.
- An avid Harley rider could have his or her bike brought into the visitation room with riding gear placed around it.
- For a loved one who cared deeply for the environment, we can help arrange a green burial followed by a reception featuring a catered organic lunch.
- If your mother had a recipe she shared at holiday time, we can print it out for loved ones to take home as a keepsake, along with serving that special food at a reception.
- For an avid car collector, we’ve arranged to park a beloved Corvette or Model A at the funeral home entrance.
No matter how you choose to personalize your service, know we are always here to help you through, answering your questions and making sure your wishes are carried out. We want to work with you to create the most special and fitting tribute to your loved one.