Diane called us because her mother died and she wanted to have a service and reception at our location in Brookfield. But there’s a problem: Diane’s sister wants to assist with the planning but lives in Florida and can’t make it back to Milwaukee for another week. How can they both take part in the arrangement meeting without pushing the date of the funeral back even further?
Here’s another scenario that’s become increasingly common over the last six months:
Mike lost his father a year ago and the family had no idea if he wanted to be cremated or have a traditional burial. They did not agree on how to proceed, which caused a lot of tension during an already emotional time. As a result, Mike wants to plan his own end-of-life arrangements so he can be sure his preferences are in writing. However, due to his own health concerns, he’s reluctant to meet with us in person. Mike wants to hear about and talk through all of his options but doesn’t know when he’ll feel comfortable coming into the funeral home.
These are obstacles many people are facing these days – and we are proud to say that we have a solution. We now offer the ability to make funeral plans virtually – and with Krause Funeral Homes, the process is easy.
Here’s how it works:
- Contact us to schedule a free virtual preplanning consultation with one of our certified preneed counselors. Our online planning checklist is a terrific resource so you can know exactly what information you need to be prepared for the call.
- Attend the consultation using any device, including computers, tablets, and smartphones. This way, you can have a face-to-face conversation with a member of one of our preplanning specialists from the comfort and safety of your own home.
- Anyone can join in on the meeting online, whether they’re in the room with you or across the country.
- Whether you’d like to make arrangements for yourself or a loved one, our experienced staff will guide you through all of the options for funerals, cremations, burials, receptions, and more. We will then keep a detailed list of all your plans on file at no cost.
- We are happy to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have.
We are pleased to offer this virtual service to our Milwaukee neighbors free of charge. Contact us to set up a time to meet. Many people may be surprised by the strong opinions they have when presented with end-of-life options. Here at Krause Funeral Home, we’ll make sure these wishes and preferences become a reality.