We've been asked about Walmart's new line of caskets. "If I buy a casket at Walmart can I have a funeral at Krause Funeral Homes?"
Absolutely. In today's economy, we understand that families are looking for value in all aspects of their lives, even funerals. A family is welcome to provide merchandise such as a casket and have Krause Funeral Homes provide professional services. A family member would need only to be responsible and in attendance for casket delivery to ensure that it arrives in the condition expected. Some families who have provided merchandise also suggest to people choosing this option that they plan on being flexible on funeral timing as delivery uncertainty has occurred.
We are proud of our variety of price options and welcome you to compare casket costs. We offer a stately Batesville Earthtone Steel Casket for $1,050 as well as options in mahogany, cherry, maple, oak, pecan, polar, bronze, copper, etc. We also offer containers made of easily biodegradable materials, such as cardboard, wicker or pine.
A complete funeral package for under $5,000 includes:
- Professional services of our staff
- Transfer of the deceased to the funeral home
- Preparation and care of deceased for viewing (private or public)
- Ordering, delivery and thorough inspection of a 20 gauge steel casket
- Online obituary with optional links to a video slideshow, funeral webcast and social media memorials
- Full coordination of a personalized visitation or gathering*
- Full coordination of a personalized memorial or funeral service*
- Full coordination of a personalized committal (graveside) service*
- Memorial portrait
- Guest register book
- Memorial folders
- Use of our traditional or motorcycle hearse and all necessary automotive equipment
- Video slideshow and DVD highlighting 30 pictures of deceased's life set to music
- Candle lighting ceremony
- Environmentally safe balloon release
- Thank you cards
- Floral pictures and delivery
- Disk containing 50 pre-written form letters to assist in notifying businesses and organizations of a person's death
- "Caring Voices" which provides your entire family access to a 24-hour grief counseling helpline
- Access to Krause Funeral Homes' extensive grief and senior resource materials
- Annual Remembrance Gathering to help families prepare for their first holiday season without their loved ones
- Krause Guarantee: If you are not completely satisfied with any of our professional services or facilities, you will not be charged for that service.
We also offer funeral alternatives. Eighty percent of families prefer personalized and customized funerals, but there are families who have cost limitations or who do not want personalized, customized or traditional funerals. To meet the needs of all families, Informed Choice, an affiliate of Krause Funeral Homes, specializes in limited budget burial, cremation and memorial alternatives.
For more information stop by, phone or email us.
* Services held on the same day 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday